What are the factory specifications for my PRS SE Acoustic guitar setup?
- First, once the strings are thoroughly stretched, tune the instrument to pitch. Repeat stretching and tuning the instrument.
- Then, adjust the truss rod relief, and re-tune the instrument.
Using a capo at the first fret, measure the distance from top of fret to bottom of string while depressing the string at the 1st and last fret: Relief for PRS SE Acoustic guitars should measure .3/64" - .6/64" (.1mm - .3mm) at the 8th fret.
Once the relief has been set, re-tune the instrument. The measurements for string height should be as follows (measure from the top center of the fret, to the bottom of the string):
- Treble side string height 1st fret: .6/64” - 1.5/64" (.3mm - .6mm)
- Bass side string height 1st fret: 1/64” - 2/64" (.4mm - .8mm)
- Treble-side string height at 12th fret: 2/32" - 2.5/32" (1.6mm - 2.0mm)
- Bass-side string height at 12th fret: 2.7/32” - 3/32" (2.1mm - 2.6mm)
- String height should escalate in value from Hi E to low E